Reflection: This is my cultural mask, and today in class, we presented it. I put the things that made me who I am today, and that was why I enjoyed doing this project.
Prompt Response: In middle school, I felt like an interloper on the basketball team. I was a beginner in a league where everyone else seemed to be an expert, and during practice, I felt like I was constantly in the way and just didn't belong. This made me feel so discouraged that I almost quit. However, a more skilled teammate noticed my struggles and took the time to help me after practice. His kindness completely changed my experience. It helped me realize that even when you feel like an outsider, you can still find your place, and it made me appreciate the sport in a new way. Summary: We did a common lit because Mr. Rease wasn't there. Reflection: I learned how to analyze the text and read to answer the questions.
Prompt Response: I remember hearing the word brigand in a movie I watched a while ago. The characters mentioned it while they were traveling somewhere that seemed a little unsafe. They didn’t clearly explain what a brigand was, but the way they said it made it sound like someone to avoid. The scene showed them looking around nervously, which made me think the person was trouble. Even without a definition, I could tell it meant someone who might cause harm. Hearing the word used in that moment helped me understand it better than just reading it in class. Summary: We completed new vocabulary. Reflection: I learned new vocabulary words.
Prompt Response: If I had to write a poem about my life right now, it would be about my basketball team going through a tough season and learning how to handle adversity. We’ve been losing a lot, and that can be frustrating and discouraging, especially when we put in so much effort at practice. The poem would focus on the pressure, the doubt, and the moments when it feels easier to give up. At the same time, it would show how we are trying to stay united, work harder, and believe that improvement takes time. Overall, it would be about resilience, teamwork, and growing stronger even when the scoreboard doesn’t show it yet. Summary: We took notes and did common lits. Reflection: I learned new notes
Comments
Post a Comment